/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi API

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Tommy Acton, Jun 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tommy Acton

Tommy Acton New Member

Does anybody know when the Movi API will be available for third party integrations? Eagerly awaiting its release and wondered what the timeframes are for its release.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't think any date has been announced by Freefly -- I've certainly not seen any discussion on the forum either.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

4. Frank Algermissen

Frank Algermissen Active Member

It was also announced in the last YouTube LIVE video session few days ago.

5. Rorick Edge

Specifically, at 05:49:

Also, at 06:47 they say that the app will definitely support tracking in the future.

Per 08:27, they will also be adding 25fps as requested by people in PAL countries.

Per 15:25, they are also working on ability to lock shutter speed and ISO.

#5 Rorick Edge, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  6. Frank Algermissen

My point of view

15:25: ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE, ASAP

08:27: Nice for EU customers, but more nice. Mostly 24,30 and 60 is used (when I talk to others) Rest can be done in post.

06:47: ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE, ASAP

05:49: MUST HAVE, but NOT URGENT

7. Rorick Edge

There have been posts on the forum from professionals in Europe who say that 25fps is essential, including a post from at least one person who is interested in purchasing multiple Movis but won't unless 25fps is offered.

8. Frank Algermissen

That's why I said "...mostly..." Of course there always pros who need 25fps, sure. But FF also has to priorise. And cause the MOVI is more a consumer product...

We will see. Best would be to get everything together :)

9. Rorick Edge

This is the thread on the need for PAL, including for Europe, frame rates of 25p and 50p: https://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/european-frame-rates-25p-50p.12351/

Two of the posters are interested in multiple units and one wants it for BBC work specifically.

It's perhaps worth noting that phones are increasingly being used for professional mobile journalism. For example, that is one of the target markets for DPA's recent d:vice A-D converter and preamp for iPhone. To me, mobile journalism, especially for online publications, sounds like a natural market for the Movi.

#9 Rorick Edge, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  10. Darrin Altman

Darrin Altman Member

I look forward to all of these updates and think they are very important. The one other thing that I feel is urgent (for my workflow) is better file names. The file names when using the MOVI app are not useful at all. I have been editing everything I shoot in Premiere Pro on my Mac. I really like the format used by Filmic Pro where the file name is the date and time.