/dist/images/branding/favicon

MOVI 10 / MR Dimensions

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Chris J Ayres, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Chris J Ayres

Chris J Ayres Member

Hello,

I have a MOVI MR on order with you and would like some more information please.

1: What are the dimensions of each respective unit. I am trying to become clear on whether they are similar in size to my existing Cinestar 3 axis unit and consequently if they will fit under my Droidworx Skyjib 8 Titanium?

2: I have the MOVI MR on order, but wonder as I plan to fit it to my skyjib if I would be better with the M10 version. My thoughts in this respect are whether cinestar legs come as part of the package which would be redundant and therefore would be better getting the M10 version with the TX etc.

Thanks

Chris Ayres
    Skyline Images Limited.

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Chris,

1. The MR is very similar dimension wise to the 3 axis gimbal. It is a bit wider but does use the same size mounting plate to mate to the copter. I don't have the exact size difference in width. Gary? Andy?

2. The MR comes with the gear and the star mounting plate, the M10 a Spektrum transmitter. The new star plate is sturdier and cut from thicker carbon. Did you already have a transmitter before when using a 3 axis? The thought is you could just use that transmitter with the MR.

3. Chris J Ayres

Chris J Ayres Member

Thanks Brad, if you can get the measurements that will really help. Yes I have a Spektrum DX8 TX which I will use for the camera.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Gary is the guy to ask. :)

Andy.

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Here you go.

Current 2 axis gimbal (3 axis is a bit taller but I only have a 2) Measurements approx.
    Star plate to bottom of the adjustable tilt bars based on my setup for a D800- 10"
    Width including Radian on the tilt axis - 14"
    Depth (I have 180mm tubes) from edge of tilt wheel to back with Radian - 10 1/2"

On the MōVI
    Star plate to bottom of tilt bars - 13.5"
    Width - 13.25"
    Depth depends on where the vertical tube is located on the Pan arm. Mid position - 12"

So primary difference is the height, star plate to bottom of the tilt bars. But there is probably an inch or so of adjustment that I am not using which could make the height nearly the same if the tilt bars were dropped to their lowest positions.

Bottom line you should have no problem hanging it on any copter that can carry the Freefly 2 or 3 Axis today.

6. Chris J Ayres

Chris J Ayres Member

Gary, terrific thanks. Precisely what I was after.

7. Cam Batten

Cam Batten Member

8. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Don't know about that one Cam but the Allied Drones system (with or without the dampers) works fine. Only challenge was using the correct length of mounting screws in the MōVI since the supplied ones were a bit to long.