/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mounting Video Downlink on MR/M5

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Nick Adams, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

I am looking on ways to mount my Mondo Extreme and the HD-SD converter to my gimbal.
    I know how to do it, its just that I am trying to figure out different places to mount them to. I am thinking
    that I may try and mount them to the M5 itself by the battery holder but I am conflicted,
    I think it would be nice not to have it on there if I am handholding in Majestic mode.
    Can anyone with any experience share there thoughts on what they have found works best?

I would have thought this topic would have been covered, maybe I am searching the wrong keywords

Thanks,

Nick

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I would attach the Mondo extreme out on one of the landing gear so that the antenna is vertical -- I use some 3M Dual-Lock (think industrial velcro) and a couple of cable ties. The HD-SD converter could be mounted on the roll boom at the rear of the M5 so that you can use a short length of flexible cable from the camera to it.

The goal is to get the transmitter some distance away from the other transmitters/receivers on the upper part of the copter.

Andy.

3. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

Thanks Andy,
    What about the battery? I guess it could go on the same leg. You could still balance it with the pan adjustment couldn't you?
    Nick

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I wouldn't put it on the same leg otherwise it would make the pan balance too hard -- Try putting the Mondo extreme on the "left hand" leg (as you look at the MōVI with the camera pointing away from you), and then the battery on the "right hand" leg.

In some cases I've put the battery on the right hand side boom (which moves up and down as the camera rolls) -- it can be used to balance the weight of the tilt motor and the camera. Of course, you need to have wiring that allows for the full range of roll motion when you do that.

Andy.