/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mounting the Amimon Connex

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Dylan Glockler, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

Hi Guys

We have some cables we started selling on eBay that might be helpful. Most combinations of standard, micro and mini connectors in 65cm lengths.
    www.ebay.com.au/itm/181961146131

Let me know if you are after a particular length, custom makes are possible.

2. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

A 4in micro HDMI with a 90degree to mini Would be great for the Sony a7sll to the connex. And a micro 90 degree HDMI to standard from the gimbal
    To the monitor.

3. Cesar Fernandez

Check Aerialpixels.com they have specialized cables for drones and any other UAV. You can even customize each terminals, the type and length of the cable!! I was looking a cable to connect my Connex aerial unit to my Canon 5D MK3 mounted on the MOVI5 on the ALTA, and I had to order a customized cable terminals: HDMI mini to HDMI mini. I was able to select a very flexible and flat cable at a length of my choosing... perfect! They built it in 24 hours and shipped in 48 hours.

Dylan Glockler likes this.
  4. Andy Post

Andy Post Member

Seeing as this is a FreeFly forum, I feel obligated to (thankfully) point out that Freefly has very thin cables and I'm finding they work great. I don't use the micro to mini as I'm passing through a shogun on the way to the Connex. But length seems to not be an issue.

5. LeoBund

LeoBund New Member

Its Such a pity that MoVI still won't run their cables through the tubes and finally use some HD-SDi slip-rings for running video/power/antenas etc.... This forces everyone to have external cables which bogs down the brushless motors unnecessarily...

6. Andy Post

Andy Post Member

Cesar....thanks for the lead. I've been having problems with dropped video from the Coinnex. Tests today show that the issue is resolved when we take the Shogun out of the stream. Right now I'm using TWO right angle adapters on both in and out connections on the Shogun in order to keep the cables from snagging on the Movi. I just ordered a handful of cables from Aeriapixels. Let us pray.....

7. Cesar Fernandez

Hey Andy, can you send me a picture of your set up and where did you get the right angle adapters?

8. Andy Post

Andy Post Member

Just cheapies from Amazon. I think the vendor was "you could do worse electronics supply co."

Attached Files: