/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mounting Movi CR on car windshield (Inside)

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Joe Nicklo, Mar 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Joe Nicklo

Joe Nicklo New Member

Hi, I have some race footage that I need to film with an iPhone (due to having to use a racing GPS app called "dragy"). I've done tests with just a suction cup mount and the vibration from the car creates some horribly shaky footage. So I figure the Movi Cinema Robot may be an option.

Before I purchase, I need to know if there are any solid suction cup solutions that will work on either glass OR dashboard. Obviously, if it's on glass the gimbal would need to be upside down. Would that be an issue?

If anyone can suggest a good mounting solution I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Joe: just bear in mind that the Movi CR stabilizes by removing around the three axes (pitch, roll, and yaw) -- but it does not remove motion along those axes. So if you were holding an iPhone to shoot video and you tip the lens up to the sky or down to the ground, that's motion around the axis. But if you lift the hand holding the iPhone up over your head without tilting the lens up or down, that's motion along the vertical axis.

I suspect that a Movi attached to a car you will get lots of motion along the vertical axis that the Movi cannot remove...... perhaps other forum members who mounted the Movi on a vehicle can speak to this and confirm or deny my suspicions?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Pavel Houda likes this.