/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mounting M15 upside down

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Cisco McCarthy, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Cisco McCarthy

Cisco McCarthy New Member

I haven't been able to find any information on the correct way to do this. If you want to put your Movi on a tripod, are you mounting the camera in the reverse position then it normally is? Or, do you mount it in the normal position and the frame section that holds the camera will flip? Am I making sense?

I have searched and searched and havent found any official tutorial or documentation on this. Thanks!

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I mount it upside down, using the Ninja Star and Toad in the Hole. Your Tripod's plate bolts onto the Ninja Star, and the Male Toad sits facing up. Then the Movi is flipped upside down and clipped onto the Toad.

If you have a Mitchell Mount tripod (or Dana Dolly), you can get a Washer and a 3/8" bolt and put it directly onto the Mitchell mount with no fluid head. I got my washer from Modern Studio Grip: http://modernstudio.com/product/mitchell-washer-38/

Your image will usually be upside down, so you can flip it in camera, in the monitor's settings, or we sometimes just physically flip the monitor over.

IMG_2466.jpg IMG_2486.jpg

3. Cisco McCarthy

Cisco McCarthy New Member

Yea my question more lies in the correct way to mount the camera inside the Movi. I have the actual mounting of the Movi itself on a tripod correct.

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I don't ever change the camera's position in the cage when going from Handlebars to Tripod. When the Movi's mounted on a tripod, the camera is physically upside down. Turn the whole Movi upside down, Camera and everything, and of course when you do it, I usually hold the camera from the bottom and the Movi at the top to keep it as one unit as it flips. Does that answer your question?

#4 Graham Futerfas, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016