/dist/images/branding/favicon

Motors not responding

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Nick Adams, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

I have a cinestar 8 and the motors stopped responding, anybody had an issue like this before? i was flying?testing last night and the copter was continually yawing to the left. I tried to trim it out but was having little luck. i re-calibrated the compass and it seemed to fix the issue. I flew the copter again and after I landed last night
    I went to turn the motors off and I got no response, the copter then popped in the air for a second and then landed
    I had to physically hold the copter down and dissconnect the battery. I have the Mikrocopter tools set to engage the motors on a switch on my mx-20 (switch 3) Now I'm testing this morning and the motors will not engage. I have tested them in Mikrokopter tools and they all fire up just not from the radio. Any ideas??

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

From the sounds of it, you are describing two problems. The yaw issue is completely seperate. See if the switch you used somehow got unassigned in the radio. You also can go to servo display and verify that the output is responding correctly to the command of the switch. Also make sure you outputs are sum 08. The copter yawing in the same direction sounds like the yaw trim was accidently bumped on the radio or one or more of your motors pitch changed. I would verify that all motors are square and level.

I personally do not like using the switch for motor startup-kill as I think it over complicates the process. With the new MK 2.0 it allows you to have a safety feature by using both joysticks to engage startup and motor stop. Makes the process much easier and less complicated.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

In addition to checking the transmitter itself, you also might want to consider:

1. Removing the props!
    2. Connecting up MK Tool via the USB Adapter.
    3. Go to the Channels window.
    4. Operate the transmitter and verify that you are "seeing" appropriate action on the various channels.

Do you have Expo set on the transmitter? If you have too much Expo, you can get into a situation where you cannot start stop the motors because the transmitter never sends a full back position signal of the left stick to the receiver.

Check for throttle trim setting to be neutral for the same reasons.

Andy

4. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

Thanks guys, I checked and checked the trim it was not that. I think something must have got switched inadvertently. I reset the flight control board back to its defaults and then went back and reentered my preferences for everything and it did the trick. (After I reasigned the motor on/off switch:)) Not sure how or why but it did the trick:)
    Thanks again

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Any clues as to what you might have done to cause the inadvertent changes? Firmware doesn't usually just change spontaneously unless it's having Big Problems. :)

Andy.

6. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

I really have no idea. the only thing I know that I did that worried me, was when I was carrying a load of gear,
    I had my MX 20 over my shoulder. It touched part of my body and started beeping like crazy like I had inadvertantly
    hit one of the menu access buttons on the bottom of the radio. Maybe I changed something at that point but it makes no sense
    as I only reloaded the flight control info on the copter. So I am stumped

Nick

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

The transmitter was obviously powered on (otherwise it wouldn't have been beeping), was the copter also powered up? There are some settings (e.g. parameter sets) that you can change on the copter using the sticks on the transmitter....

Andy.

8. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

Yup good point. Although I never have it powered when I am moving it. It may have been, as I was not carrying it. I suppose its possible. That would make sense.

Nick

9. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

Let me rephrase that: I never 'intentionally' carry the copter with the power on