/dist/images/branding/favicon

Motor Movement/Shaft Play?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Josh Lambeth, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Andy, The sizes for my MT3515's are

5x11x5
    5x13x4

Josh

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Aha! That's the piece I was missing. Sorry to make you flog a dead horse. I forgot you were using MT3515's.

I did a Google search for:
    bearing 4x11x4mm​

and got quite a few hits.

Thanks
    Andy

3. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

No problem! :D

Josh

4. Sean Haverstock

Hey Guys,

Starting to replace bearings on tmotor 2814's and noticed some blue spots on the inside of the bell. Not sure what it is. Thought maybe it was glue. Then thought maybe it was loctite from mounting the prop adaptor. But I think the latter is unlikely. I've cleaned the inside of the bells with a qtip and the spots aren't budging. Pretty solid. There is one small blue spot on 1 other motor between magnets.
    image.jpg
    Any ideas?

Also, having a helluva time pulling one of the bells off the motor. Can't get them separated. Could this mean the shaft is bent? All the others have slid apart without much trouble.

5. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

The spots will be for balancing the bell. Depending on what that they used to balance, sometimes they are removable and sometimes not very easily.

6. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

Hi Brad. I've had several of my fairly new Tmotor U7's develop some play after about, 40 flights, which Im pretty sure is causing my footage to have twitches etc. I thought I'd ask your opinion on the best way to sort it. I had some Tmotor 4120's that developed play before and it was recommended that I loosen the grub screws and tap the casings down then retighten. This certainly worked in the short term but it might have also caused the bearings to wear prematurely too. I saw Tabb mention this being an issue on the thread. I saw people talking about using shims to push the bearings up a bit too. What would you recommend I try? Squashing the casings down a bit (carefully!) or using shims to lift the bearings up?

Im running a flat octo usually carrying a Red Dragon with an AUW of around 16KG's on Tmotor 15x5 carbon props if that info helps! Any advice appreciated! Cheers. Ben

7. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

After experiencing shaft play on half of my kde 4014-380 motors I ended up (as recommended by kde) removing the bell housing from the shaft and using Loctite 638 retaining compound on the shaft. So far so good after some flights.

8. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

Thanks Howard. I'll give that a go