/dist/images/branding/favicon

Monitor?

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Gustav Raberg, May 3, 2014.

1. Gustav Raberg

Gustav Raberg Member

What monitors are you using? Over the years I've gone trough a few monitors. Everything from expensive Marshall monitors to cheap China ones (I'm up in 5 now). One got dropped on set and two was damaged during transport. One gave us blue screen when the signal was unstable.

So I'm looking to buy a new monitor. I have a 5"small HD for the mōvi but that one is for when it's handheld. I want a 6-9" monitor with both composite and hdmi input and it should be good in day/sun light.

What are u guys using? What about the small HD AC7? I'm not looking for a 1000$ monitor since most of the time we are downscaling the quality when using normal fpv downlinks.

Any suggestions?

2. Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross Member

Hi Gustav,

I am really in love with our new Shogun from Atomos. It is a lot more than jut a monitor but the monitor portion is very clean very bright and has excellent focus peaking, zebras you name it. The best thing of all is recording off camera and having full start/stop and playback right on the monitor. Recording can go for hours now and no pulling the card and having to rebalance is a dream. Also adding it to UAV work is a much more efficient use of time in air.

best,
    J