/dist/images/branding/favicon

MK to WKM swap

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Jean Gabriel Taboada, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Jean Gabriel Taboada

Hi guys, new to the forum, i curentlly have a CS8 MK with 360 gimbal, two man operation. i recentlly was involved in a crash (i am attaching gpx file for anyones enjoyment) the dreaded flip of death, the kopter just flipped and landed on its head, no reasonable explanation till today and the damage was banged up 5D, gimbal boom, CS8 boom, lipo holder, FC Card, 5s 6200 and 1200 3s of the gimbal, 360 cinestar adapter plate, top center plate, bent power distribution board, a bl controller and various plastic screws.

so heres the intiial descicion, i ordered radians for the 360 and since the FC from the CS8 wsa damaged in the crash i am going to use the FC from the gimbal on the CS8. that would get me up an running.

since there is no answer as to why my crash happened, i think im not going to fly my 5d and 360 with MK anymore. so i want to put all of my mk electronics on a MK okto xl frame, and put a cinestar 180 gimbal on it for AP work, and convert the CS8 to WKM.

so what do I need for this:

motors, I have QC3328
    esc, im buying castle creations ice lite 50a
    WK-M with one waypoint flying (I hardlly ever fly waypoints but someday i may have to)
    castle link programing kit

apart from this, what do i need? PDB? i can just wire and solder everything up with no PCB but i have never held a WKM FC so i dont know, does it have power output for boom leds? recevier? what am I missing?

in the pic of the FC look at the where the gyro is supposed to be.

Attached Files:

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jean Gabriel

Looking at the GPX file I see the following:
    1. Starts at 10:08:07AM
    2, At 10:08:48 there is a 'no FC communication' event. Altitude looks like 24.9 m, Boom 1 pointed at about a 310degree heading but the flight path begins heading a bit west of south
    3. Steep descent with an almost 90 degree right turn on the flight path
    4. Motor run stops at 10:08:48:30 though the GPX file continues until 10:09:27
    5. Error 3 "no FC communication" recorded 36 times

My thoughts are that the FC gyro either came loose/shorted or the molex connector between the FC board and the PDB disconnected. Did you happen to notice whether it was still connected?

3. Jean Gabriel Taboada

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to review my gpx file.

yes the molex was snuggly fitted, i checked a couple of minutes earlier, before this flight we had 4 consecutive flights without a thorough check, and right before this one, i checked all cables, boom and gimbal screws.

its normal for one to try and blame eveything excpet themselves, but thats exactlly what happened and how it happened, the kopter was just hovering, we where trying to get the perfect spot for a picture before lifting it, it was completelly still and the guy for whom we where taking the pics (he had a monitor) said a little bit more forward, the kopter operator nicked it forward it just leaned to the left side flipped on its head and plummet to the ground, and that was that. if you ask me, the gyro was poorly installed on that fc and made the FC go crazy

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

And if you don't have it download the MK GPXTOOL from the MK site HERE. Pretty powerful way to analyze a flight.

If you have a video from one of the cameras you can overlay the OSD view with the video and sync it all together.

5. Jean Gabriel Taboada

Nop no video, we where taking stills. i review GPX files after every day of shooting to look for anything odd. I posted the one of the crash because someone with more experience and knowledge than myself may see something i missed. well thas kind of what i hope for everytime someone sees the gpx