/dist/images/branding/favicon

MK Shutter Release attachment point

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Scott Strimple, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Scott Strimple

So I have this MK Shutter Release from QC
    http://www.quadrocopter.com/Shuttercable-N3_p_932.html

According to the MK Wiki it attaches to the flight controller board in the same location that Andy's build video has us attaching the lead to the Extension PCB. Anyone have an alternative attachment point? The QC page says "The Shuttercable is simply connected to one of the transistor outputs of the Flight Ctrl" Anyone have a solution for this? Is there another attachment point on the external pcb that could be used?

Thanks

2. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Attached Files:

3. Scott Strimple

Thanks Adam... problem I have is that the build video has a connection for the extension pcb already on the top row of SV2... can I use the bottom row for the shutter?

Thanks

4. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Sorry about that. Correct link has been uploaded.

Greetings,
    Adam

5. Scott Strimple

6. Scott Strimple

So I have verified that the MK shutter release does in fact work. I did this by unplugging the extension pcb and plugging the MK shutter release onto the lead. The 5D2 did in fact fire. I then reconnected the extension pcb to the MK fltcntrl board and soldered the leads on the MK shutter release into place as depicted in the diagram. I normally have the LED connected to S1 however I have tried it with the LED connected to S2 as in the diagram. In MK Tools I have the Poti 8 assigned to chnl 12 which I have confiured on the xmitter to be switch 9. I verify this works in MK tools. Now is where it gets confusing. I have tried setting Poti 8 for both out 2 and for out 1 and all other combinations... I have remembered to write to the board. I cannot get the camera to fire for me when I cycle switch 9 on the xmiter. With the LED's connected to S2 I notice that when I cycle switch 9 that the LED's will flash so there is something happening with S2. This does not happen when the LED's are plugged into S1. Either way I still don't get a camera fire when I cycle the switch.

Thanks for any help y'all can offer.

*** ref pic below*** I have tried this with the LED in S2 as in the MK diagram (last pic)
    img1.jpg img2.jpg

I have tried changing each of the settings to Poti8 ... Out 1 Bitmask, Out1 timing, Out 2 Bitmask...

img3.jpg img4.jpg img5.jpg

7. Casey Van Nyhuis

Alright so lets see if i can help out here. To start: the MK wiki makes absolutely no sense on this matter! Solder your LED's to either S1 or S2 and then solder your shutter release to either S1 or S2. Then in your MKtool under the output tab you will want all of the boxes red. Now for the confusing part. Sometimes the bit masking is reversed from what you would think it should be. Sometimes S1=bitmap1 and sometimes it's bitmap2 so you'll have to try both. You should be able to keep "40ms" for your lights so that they will stay on until you hit low voltage at which point they will flash. You will then want to put your "poti 8" value in the respective out timing box. Make sure that for whichever one you decide to have control your camera you uncheck the "undervoltage warn" box otherwise your camera will start taking pictures when you hit low voltage. Let me know if you need any more clarification, it's a bit hard to explain. And if anybody has ever been able to get the C+ and C- pads to work please let me know cause i've never been able to figure out how to make those work!

8. Scott Strimple

Thanks Casey I appreciate your detailed input, I'll give this a go.