/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mk OCTOCOPTER

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Michael comissiong, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Michael comissiong

Hi all,
    just upgraded to new fc 2.2 fw 2.06a
    nav ver 2.0 sw 2.06a

strange issue when I simulate radio signal lost the octo motors just shut down
    also cannot seem to get it to hover without bouncing like a yo -yo al hold /ph mode . it either shoots up when throttle / gain applied or drops lake a stone when throttle / gain reduced.

Have tried playing with the min gas in altitude from 50 to 165

AUW IS APPROX 6 POUNDS
    with out cameras.

Any help appreciated thanks

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Can you connect up with MK Tool and save your current settings to a .mkp file and post that please.
    You might want to check the MK Tool "Channels" window for channel 1 and make sure that that is operating smoothly and verify that the transmitter/receiver is not messing with the throttle control signal.

I presume the throttle stick has smooth control over the motors when not in AH or PH?

Andy.

3. Michael comissiong

Hi Andy,
    will do

on the first issue I use an MX 20 RADIO and a GR24 dose the FAIL SAFE on the mx have to be set to interact with the MK FAILSAFE ? could this have any bearing on the motor shut down when I turn off the radio to simulate lost signal?

Thanks for the help.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

The MK Failsafe is independent Michael.
    What do you have the Emergency Gas set to?

Alternatively, instead of posting an .mkp file, take some screen shots of MK tool -- it sometimes makes it easier to see how the parameters are set if you see the screens themselves.

Andy.

5. Michael comissiong

Hi Andy,
    that is what I thought, my emergency gas is 247 , here are the setup files

Michael

Attached Files:

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Michael: Can you confirm that in the MK Tool, Mixer Setup, what name do you see at the top right hand corner (under the Mixer-SETUP button), please?

What you should see is shown here: http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/MK-Parameter/Mixer-SETUP

Your MISC settings look ok, but I'd recommend making the following changes:
    1. Change the CH Voltage to 3.5 volts (for 4S that would be 14 volts). 13.2 volts is a bit on the low side.
    2. Change the Autoland voltage to 3.4 volts (for 4S that would be 13.2. You really don't want to take the Lipo down below 3.0 volts per cell -- and you need a bit of spare capacity for safety).
    3. Change the SD card missing to be checked -- and make sure you have a microSD in the Navigation Control board for every flight. If something goes wrong, you'll need the GPX file that the NC board records to tell you what happened.

But, apart from the mixer question, I don't see anything major wrong with the .mkp file at least not that would explain why all motors stop if you switch the transmitter off -- that's obviously a really, really dangerous condition so don't fly until you resolve this.
    What should happen is that the "Sender Signal Lost" settings should apply -- and the motors should go to 95% of hover.

Hmm. Just a thought. If you are not actually flying, how would the flight controller know what 95% of hover power is required? It determines that automatically. Perhaps that's the problem -- I've not tried the transmitter off test with the copter on the bench!

One thing you could try, therefore, is:

1. On the MISC screen, uncheck the "Use vario control for failsafe altitude" -- that turns off the automatic calculation of hover power and the "%" sign left of the Emergency Gas number then changes to an absolute throttle setting.

2. Then set the Emergency Gas to be, say, 100 (that's 100 in the range 0 - 255 -- same as the min/max gas).
    3. Write the new values back out to the Flight Controller and then try the transmitter off test.

If that works, remember to check the "Use vario box" and set the Emergency Gas to 90 -- and verify you see the "%" to the left of the number -- don't forget to write the new settings out to the FC board again.

Let me know what you find.

Your current MISC settings are shown below.

Andy

Michael Commisslong MISC 2014-10-19.png

7. Michael comissiong

Hi Andy,
    Got a chance to do some more checking on those issues, I made some changes that you suggested the SD CARD AND THE LOW VOLTAGE SETTINGS,
    I also changed the limitation to the height from 150m to 247m and also the maximum flying range which I had restricted to 100m for testing this seems to have solved the engine shut down issue with the loss of radio signal I tried it a couple of times and it seems to work now , I will revert to the old settings and see if it come back just to be sure, as I think there may be an issue with my navi board , although mk tools says all is well, I am getting some glitches evey so offen.

I finalized my AUW at 3498 g , while I can hover with AH /PH quite easily , I find that in manual mode I am over 75-80 percent throttle just to hover
    props are xoara 9.5
    stock mk motors.

Thank again will keep you updated.