/dist/images/branding/favicon

MK Flight Ctrl to Radian

Discussion in '2 Axis Gimbal' started by Tim Donar, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Tim Donar

Tim Donar New Member

I need to connect the 2 Axis Radian Gimbal directly to my MK Flight Control Board, Servo3 for Tilt control. I've searched and can't find any documentation on the exact pinouts going from the Radian into MK Flight Ctrl. The MK wiki document shows Orange, Red, Black for the pins. My Radian power will come in from a Castle BEC so won't need to power from the flight control servo port. Just want to make sure I wire and solder these correctly.
    Thank You!

Details on my configuration: Cinestar 6, Spektrum DX8 Radio, MK Flight and NAV boards, xBee 3DR

2. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

You have to used Servos 1 and 2

[​IMG]

What you will need to do is set all of the compensating factors on the MK to 0 if connecting to Radians. Because you will not need the MK to for compensation since it will try to drive the radians.

[​IMG]

I believe you will also need to select servo 3 or 4 to send the 3 position mode switch info for the Radians as well.

3. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

You will want to connect the Ground wire black and the signal wire. You can take a small razor and remove the red wire from the plug. It will have to have a common ground and the signal for proper reference. Since you are not worried about roll all you need to do is connect servo 1 from FC to the Tilt Radian.