/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mixer glitch

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Jose Luis Ocejo, May 26, 2014.

1. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Today I flew my stock Mk CS it went kind of well an unspected yaw and a little of toilet bowl in PH landed and pack up, back at my shop I check the copter with MK tools and going to the pages I notice in the Mixer page that 4 or 5 of the mixer boxes had zero in them instead of the -64 or 64 hmmm!!! I have not mess with that at all could it be a MK tools glitch when I upgraded to 2.06 ?, I when ahead and re enter the missing 64 after looking for a sample to know which ones are - and witch ones are + any thoughts?
    Thanks

2. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Hello Jose,

In the "MIXER" tab what is your variant configuration? For CineStar 8 (standard config.-8 booms/8 motors) you can use "okto2b.mkm"

Greetings,
    Adam

3. Jose Luis Ocejo

Hi Adam interesting I had Octo 2 all the time that shows boom 1 as front but in a diamond configuration when I change to Octo b2 it shows boom 1 as front but in a circular configuration more like I have it but here is the catch or it may be normal for this MK Tools version both configurations show zeroes in some of the boxes take a look

Ps should I correct this manually?

IMG_0882.jpg IMG_0880.jpg

4. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Hello Jose,

Yes okto2b.mkm is the correct file. NO! do not change the "0" values for NICK and ROLL as these are correct global settings for CineStar 8. Motor 1&5 (front&rear) need have no effect on roll control, Motor 3&7 (left&right) need to have no effect on nick control.

Greetings,
    Adam

5. Jose Luis Ocejo

Haaaaa great that you caught my post and we had this exchange I had already added the missing numbers and was planning a flying test, Ok I'm staying in Octob2, at those settings this is new because in previous MK Tools versions all the boxes have 64 numbers
    when did it change? I see that Octo2 looks like a MK frame and Octo b2 looks like a CS frame is there a performance difference ?

thanks Adam

6. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Hello Jose,

We don't have data sets that provide comparisons between these two Okto variants. MK drafted this new mixer file a while back for all the CineStar 8 operators. Theoretically, it should provide better yaw authority/efficiency for the CS8.

Greetings,
    Adam