/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mimic Reset Switch --- third time in a week.

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Rick Gerard, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

My MIMIC has failed to start three times in the last 7 days. The only way to get it to turn back on is to disassemble it, unplug the battery, plug it back in and then put it back together. I learned the trick on this forum. https://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/mimic-wont-turn-on.9104/

I am seriously thinking of installing a reset switch that I can activate with a paperclip.

Is there anyone else that has been having this kind of problems. I have the beta build of the Movi App and everything seems to be up to date. I hope this is a software problem that can be easily solved. If it keeps happening I'll probably start looking for one of those paperclip activated reset switches I can install before I ware out the screws.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

You can't restore it by leaving it plugged in to a charger for a few minutes? I've never had to open the Mimic up, but I've had to leave it plugged in a bit before it would boot. And some charger cables and USB AC adapters don't work as well with it, I've found.

3. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

It makes no difference to plug it into a charger. I have tried chargers all the way up to 5 amp. It failed twice at about 40% charge and once at near 80%. About six months ago it failed to boot and the charge light would not come on. That is when I learned Bryan's trick of taking it apart.

Am I the only one that is having this problem. If I was not booked for the next three weeks I would send the Mimic in for repair. Maybe I should just buy another one.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Rick, sounds like you might want to open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com) if you have not already done so -- the tech support gurus might be able to help you deal with this.
    Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert