/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mimic Double-Tap option to go to Majestic Mode instead of Kill

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Graham Futerfas, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi, I'd like to make a suggestion about the new Double-Tap feature on the Mimic that kills the Movi.

Is it possible to make it so that the Movi just goes into Majestic mode instead of Kill when you Double Tap? Maybe as a setting we could select in the app, if we want it to Kill or go Majestic? Ideally, it would be an app setting on the Movi under 'Dual Op' rather than having to re-connect the app to the Mimic via bluetooth and select it there.

The reason for requesting this is when we're handheld with a DP or Director adjusting framing with the Mimic, and then they want to reset the shot and go back to one, it would be easier to turn around and carry the Movi in Majestic mode than in Killed mode.

Plus, when you re-engage the Mimic, ideally the Pan position would start centered on the handles instead of in some random position that the Movi floated to in Kill mode, and then the Mimic operator has to re-orient from wherever it woke up.

I understand the aerial folks may prefer it to go to Kill mode instead, so that's why I suggest it as an option in the app.

Thanks,
    -Graham

Ben Ruffell likes this.