/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mikrokopter Android tablet tool

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Steve Maller, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

This looks really cool.
    Curious about what's required to make this work, and whether this is an experiment or a real product.
    I don't have an Android tablet, but they're super cheap and I'd get one if this was do-able with current hardware. In particular, I'm wondering about this RangeExtender...
    Any thoughts?

2. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Hello Steve,

There is a bit more info on the MK forum here:
    http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-41103.html

...Mostly about the connectivity to android. We have had the RangeExtender here for a few weeks and haven't done much with it since they were refining the application. Wireless communication is via bluetooth to the tablet/smartphone and Wi232 to the Kopter. It sounds like more info will be available on the Wiki soon and eventually an offering on the store. The android interface is a huge leap forward compared to the MKTool.

Greetings,
    Adam

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

So Adam reading the Wiki was a bit confusing. So the copter side is a WI232 board communicating to the Range Extender? And inside the Range Extender is a WI232 tx/rx and a Bluetooth TX/RX? Have I got that right?

4. Steve Maller

5. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

6. Steve Maller

Adam, what exactly is the RangeExtender? I don't see it in the store. Is that part of the new stuff to support this feature?

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Steve it is new. Adam are the going to sell only the copter WI rather than the set? Or the extender with on WI as a set?

8. Cody Hanthorn

Cody Hanthorn Member

Guys,

I have a spare machine I am looking into Mapping. I have a tablet I just need to know what is all needed hardware wise to make it work. I know there is a 900mhz TX/ RX that is needed. I wondered how this is connected in with the FC on the machine. If anyone has done this, and if a shutter can be triggered upon wp. Then lastly how would geo stamping be done so that software X yz can push the geo tag into the photo. Unfortunately this MK machine is smaller for Nex cameras, and I am not as fluent in MK and help is more difficult.

Thanks!

-Cody