/dist/images/branding/favicon

Method Of Balancing MCR With Various Moment Lenses

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Pavel Houda, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Pavel Houda

Pavel Houda Member

Bad advice

#1 Pavel Houda, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Andre Yew and George Chinn like this.
  2. Darell Sison

Darell Sison Member

Managed to balance iPhone XS Max, Moment Case and Anamorphic Lens with standard counterweight. I didn't even use the medium weights.

[​IMG]

3. viktor manshtein

viktor manshtein New Member

Balancing the MCP with any lens Moment is no problem. It is a little more difficult to do this if you use filters with 58mm and 18mm objectives.

Pavel Houda likes this.
  4. Darell Sison

Darell Sison Member

My apologies, I was only referring to multiple post which states that additional weights are needed to balance most lenses. I have managed to balance anamorphic with filters too, unfortunately it requires a re-balance every change of weight and lens/filter combo.

5. Darell Sison

Darell Sison Member

Actually at least for my use-case a filter on and a filter off (i love my anamorphic lens) setup would be ideal if it requires less adjustment.

Oh well maybe they can redesign the counter weight in the future.

viktor manshtein likes this.
  6. viktor manshtein

viktor manshtein New Member

It is better to let them change the design of the counterweight, which will be able to quickly and easily reconfigure

Darell Sison likes this.
  7. Darell Sison

Darell Sison Member

FYI Managed to get the anamorphic, iphone xs max and filters with my tuned weights. I only needed to move some weight combo around (without filter - top(heavy)/bottom(heavy plus light) with filter top(heavy plus light)/bottom (heavy plus medium) and pushed the weights in and out. I didn't need to adjust the levers, which is less tweaking (minimal) as Pavel mentioned. I just need to make sure the levels are locked semi-permanently.

8. Darell Sison

Darell Sison Member

True that, however i noticed that sometimes its not just the actual weight but the delicate balance of the different axis. Some filters are thicker which might greatly affect this.

Just as a tip a really quick way to check balance is just to move the phone with the gimbal turned off. If the phone stays put in any way you put it its a good sign of balance and a great starting point for small tweaks when adjusting for filters and varying weight lenses.

Shazz Mahfudz likes this.