/dist/images/branding/favicon

Maxima GPS

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Dave Halton, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Well In bought one of these but find I have to cut bits off the Movi to fit it.. how pants is that!

Found a better way of mounting it. will test and report back.

2. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Aye up Dave! Yes, the maxtenna is a bit problematic to fit into M5 unless you shave some plastics up there. It helps with the performance though.

3. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

AYE UP to you Ozkan. How the hell are you matey? Long time no here. U still at it then buddy? Long road from theses early days eh!

So it works better than the standard one?

It just really gripes me as an engineer that you have to take snips to a 2.5K piece of engineering to fit something to make it better!

After thoughts are fine but at least make them compatible, its like going back to the old days!

Sending you a DM in a conversation..

Dave

4. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Yes mate, still in the business :) Hanging out here to read and share most of the time; since I have left no interest on other platforms.

I think Freefly developed this antenna long after they released M5. This antenna helps getting satellites faster on cold boots. If you are flying fast sideways, you will notice the improvement right away. The horizon drift is still there but it's much less when compared to the old antenna.

Talk to you on the DM. Cheers.