/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mavericks Invitational opening

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Steve Maller, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

It's not my best video, by any stretch (new firmware caused some stability problems, and the wind was pretty wicked) but it's a neat example of the unique perspective we can get with these ships!

Heavily stabilized in FCP X (blech...sorry).

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Doesn't look like they were getting the giant Maverick waves. Did they just paddle around? ;)

3. Steve Maller

Oh yes, no giant waves that day. The way it works is they wait for a very specific set of environmental factors to appear on the forecast, then they'll "call" Mavericks, and the competitors will converge from around the world. The opening is the beginning of that process, and is celebrated in a really cool manner. More info is here: http://mavericksinvitational.com/story/

4. Sebastian Meredith

Sebastian Meredith Active Member

The inquisitive boxer at the end cracks me up ... :)

5. Steve Maller

Yeah, I actually had to hover over my squirrelly landing pad for a moment before I realized that it might not end well for either the boxer or the Cinestar. Climbed back up to a safe altitude and hollered for somebody to grab the dog. :mad: