/dist/images/branding/favicon

mars parachutes!

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by Jason Smoker, Jan 6, 2013.

1. robert Scott

robert Scott New Member

I am thinking about getting the 120 marsparachute system from www.marsparachutes.com or the photohigher parachute system the thing that scares me about the photohigher chute is that it is black powder charge and I am thinking it will be difficult to travel with I might have to leave it behind if I go on an airplane. but they have a lot of products that are good. The mars seems to be looking good but just not sure. I just want to protect my helicopter and camera equipment and also keep from damaging anything if something were to happen especially people. But I do not fly over people but i want to be extra safe Does anybody have any info or ideas, comments, or suggestions? Here is a picture of the mars 120 from there facebook page facebook.com/marsparachutes.

2. robert Scott

robert Scott New Member

This is the photohigher ballistic chute this is estimated to be 2400-3000 nzd as of last week but it is not released yet. Here is the video

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Noticed that the released or soon to be released PH Halo copters all have the chute built in, or at least that's the way it appears on the website.

4. robert Scott

robert Scott New Member

Sorry I forgot to include the mars parachute video promo I found out the price 1499 usd msrp price on the website. It comes with mounting hardware for cinestar and skyjib and with a 3 or 4 point harness to mount on a quad, hex, octo frames

5. robert Scott

robert Scott New Member

found another video from Mars parachutes.

6. Chris Newman

Chris Newman Member

I just purchased the Mars 120 inch for the heavy lift i'm building. I justify it as some kind of an heli insurance :) After all, flying a Red camera and everything does get a bit pricey. Might even make the client feel more at ease?? At least it cool to say "yeah, it's got a parachute." :) It's made to mount on the cinestar frame and other frames. Right now it's only push button on command. Though I was told from the dealer I bought it from that there is a small compartment inside that will be used to house an automated release upgrade in the future.
    It is spring loaded so I should be able to test it out several times and make sure everything works properly.

I'm thinking of assigning the bind button on my DX8 as the trigger as that button is easy to push and out of the way without being too far out of the way. Maybe even mount a cover over the button??
    I'll let you know what I think after I get it and play with it.

7. Graydon Tranquilla

The Raven Altimeter is much cheaper and simple to adapt to Multirotor parachute recovery. It will automatically activate chute depolyment at a preconfigured altitude above MR takoff altitude.... All you have to do if your MR is functioning properly before landing is to configure your RC system to disable the "altimeter" before it descends below that trigger altitude. http://www.featherweightaltimeters.com/The_Raven.php