/dist/images/branding/favicon

Major issue: Serial number FFFF:FFFF

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Angus Benson-Blair, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

Okay my Radian started up in bootloader mode and seems to be completely goosed. I have tried to re-flash the device but the attachment shows the result ie I cannot flash the device. When I try to reflash, I get the 'erasing' message quickly followed by 'program failled'. Any ideas? A quick reply would be really appreciated as I am on a course at the moment and need to use the thing. Many thanks.

Device is on a Cinestar 3 axis gimbal using a Spek sat setup with a regulated 5v power source from a 3s lipo and the radian in question is on the roll axis.

Attached Files:

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Angus:

Let me double check with the Radian's designer, JohnC. Certainly, the Bootloader will not allow you to proceed unless and until you get a valid serial number.

Andy.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Angus:
    The word from JohnC, is that, as you say, the firmware has somehow got completed goosed.
    I'm afraid you will need to send the unit back to your dealer and get it replaced.

John said that this might have been caused by a power "brownout," but that it's an extremely unusual thing to have happen.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    Andy.

4. Angus Benson-Blair

Andy, thank you very much for the quick reply even if the news is not good. Ill indeed get in touch with my dealer who I am sure will sort this out.

5. Angus Benson-Blair

New radians appeared today and they are working a charm. It seems however that my pan servo is also 'goosed'. Even with a gain of just 10 the thing is oscillating quite badly and if I can get a 'smooth' pan, it is clearly stepping ie slow faster, slow, faster etc. Let's put it this way, if I posted a film with this set up it would be a bit of a joke and certainly not of the quality remotely expected of this setup. So, any ideas what might be going on now? Just to add, the gimbal has been very well balanced in all three axis and it is currently carrying a 5D mark 3. Thanks in advance for any help.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Angus:
    That sounds very odd indeed.

Can you verify that the pan belt is tight -- you should see 2-3mm of deflection on the belt at the mid-point between the large and small pulley. If it's not tight that can easily induce oscillation.

If that doesn't fix it, could you use the Radian software, connect up to the Pan sensor and do a read, then post a screen shot of the Diagnostic and Configuration windows please?

Thanks
    Andy.

7. Angus Benson-Blair

Andy, thanks for the reply. I have tried the belt both tight and loose and it seems pretty similar. I will get the readings tomorrow along with some video I hope. All a bit frustrating this however this is being greatly mitigated by the excellent support both here and through my dealer.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Sorry for the frustrations, Angus. I wish there was more that I can do, but remote support via furious typing is a naff way of providing support, I'm afraid, isn't it?

I have my Radian pan gain set around 50 - 60% -- any higher and it "wags the dog." But you should be able to get around that same setting.

Can you confirm that you've got the bird suspended by the battery plate and that it's free to twist in the breeze?

Thanks
    Andy.