/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5: Vibration and erratic bounce on tilt motor

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by LLOYD ROSS, Sep 12, 2017.

1. LLOYD ROSS

LLOYD ROSS New Member

My M5 has developed vibration and erratic bounce on the tilt motor. It has nothing to do with stiffness settings. I have reloaded software and tried every kind of setting adjustment I'm aware of. My feeling is I may need to replace the motor. I have made a short video of the problem together with (perhaps more revealingly) the associated audio. Any wisdom would be highly appreciated (I live in South Africa, so sending the unit to US would incur major expense).

Camera setup: A7sII with Canon 24-105 f4

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Lloyd, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

Regarding the M5 -- I can see what you mean -- has anything changed on the M5 setup? New camera? Any different equipment mounted on the M5? Anything loose on the gimbal? If not then open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com)

Hope this helps
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. LLOYD ROSS

LLOYD ROSS New Member

Thanks for the welcome Andy...and I have added my surname.

I did lend my M5 to a friend who mounted it with an Sony FS5...and it came back with the problem. The camera I use hasn't changed. I rebalanced, autotuned, fine tuned, but no change in the problem. It did all of a sudden come right for a short while, but then (as it would happen), once I took it on a paying shoot, the fault rematerialised.

I have opened a ticket...thanks again.
    Lloyd