/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 Suggestion...

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Mark Langille, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Mark Langille

Mark Langille Member

Been playing with the M5 the last few days, great piece of gear.

One suggestion that I think could be helpful would be a scale/ruler on the various adjustment bars/axis. Would be nice to be able to note the location that each is in so that you can quickly get it back in bal;ance when swapping different cameras and lenses.

You could even have a section in the app to allow them to be entered and stored along with the configuration info for reference. That way all of it would be in one spot, you open a saved config in the app, look at the values you saved for the given camera and move the various axis into position.

It looks like the Ronin has this
    14-07-2014 8-09-57 AM.png

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I find that many different things can have an effect on the balance (lens zoom, HD filter, different cables), but the M5 is so fast to rebalance, I wouldn't trust the saved numbers without balancing it, anyway.

3. Mark Langille

Mark Langille Member

It was more a suggestion in order to get it close quicker. I've marked mien with a silver sharpie but a guide would be more useful. Not the end of the world, just an idea.

4. Steve Maller

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think it'd be cool, too.

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Mark, just a guess but are the tubes in your photo a metal alloy?

6. Mark Langille

Mark Langille Member

Yes that is a pic of the DJI Ronin. I realize cf is not easily etched like that.

Again it's not a big issue, just an observation from first few uses of the M5.

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

From what I understand CF is near if not impossible to etch. It would also weaken the structure by cutting the threads. I think most folks, after the learning curve, find balancing very quick and easy. As Steve points out usually it isn't 'just' a lens change.

8. Mark Langille

Mark Langille Member

Understood. Yes with cf it would almost need to be silk screened to apply something similar.
    I've balanced it with a few cameras already and the process is pretty quick in general as is doing it by look and feel.

On a semi related note, is there a repository for people to share their settings for various cameras and lenses? Ie what they have tried that works best?

9. Steve Maller

10. frank mckeown

frank mckeown New Member

I think having numbers to help guide you and you could remember for your camera is a great idea.

11. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

Using the new AutoTune feature as a starting point would also work. The numbers from that should work but you may be able to raise them higher then what it sets them to.

12. Mark Langille

Mark Langille Member

The numbers were meant more for the physical position, the actual software settings can be saved in a profile now and reloaded. So auto tune really doesn't enter into what i was referring to.