/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 Features vs. M10 Features

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Steve Ewing, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Steve Ewing

Steve Ewing New Member

I was sold on the M5 until I saw the differences between the the M10 and M5 feature lists. The M10 has "Translation Compensation" & "Drift Free Horizon" as well as the dual operator transmitter right out of the box. The M5 offers the option to purchase the dual operator transmitter separately, which seems totally reasonable to me, but the lack of the other 2 options concerns me a bit.

How much do "Translation Compensation" & "Drift Free Horizon" add to the Movi's ability to stabilize footage? By purchasing a M5 am I effectively limiting myself to handheld shooting? Will I not be able to use the M5 in high speed circumstances because of the lack of these 2 options?

Please forgive my ignorance regarding this subject; I have operated a small steadicam for about 3 years and was bitten by the Movi bug last spring like so many others. I finally have some cash to expend on this great product but I'm worried the M5's lack of highly accurate GPS and high speed frame stabilization (present in the M10 through "Translation Compensation" & "Drift Free Horizon") will be a limiting factor regarding the M5's ability to create as impressive results as its older brother, the M10.

I'd appreciate it if someone far more knowledgeable than me could dispell some of my reservation regarding this issue. I'm sure I simply don't understand what "TC" & "DFH" really do. I'm sort of assuming they are higher end options that don't necessarily affect the end product and that the price difference between the M10 and M5 is largely due to the payload difference of "Professional" VS "DSLR" cameras.

Thx in advance for your kind response!

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Steve likely just a typo in the feature list. What lists are you looking at? I can double check with the FF team but seriously doubt that the M5 is missing those features.

3. Steve Ewing

Steve Ewing New Member

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ok checking with FF.

5. Hi Steve...While I won't claim to have profound technical knowledge of these features, I am lucky enough to be able to bother those that do mercilessly. With regards to your question, the full feature set of the M5 is something the engineers are still solidifying. They assure me that the final feature set will not limit it to a handheld unit or its ability to create impressive results. I understand fully that my response is somewhat vague and as soon as we have that full spec sheet available you can bet that the forums will be one of the first places you will see it.

6. Steve Ewing

Steve Ewing New Member

Denise & Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me. I eagerly await an updated spec sheet!

Thx again, Cheers!

7. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

As always, Denise, we all appreciate your availability here on the Forum.
    Now go give those engineers some cookies or something and tell them to get cracking! :)

8. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Engineers are normally fuelled on caffeine ..... ;)

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

The caffeine gives them personality. The cookies give them energy. AMHIK. :)

Andy.

Scott Strimple and Steve Maller like this.