/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 & DX8 & aerial pixel thumb stick issues

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Devin Clarke, May 19, 2016.

1. Devin Clarke

Devin Clarke New Member

Hello all,
    I'm pretty new to this so I apologize in advanced for any obvious things I'm overlooking.

I own a M5 that came with a pre set up DX8. Everything worked fine. I bought a aerial pixel thumb stick, and plugged it in and followed the setup instructions, it works.

The trouble is now the DX8 does not work any more. Even when I load the old settings in the program.
    I've tried rebinding the DX8 controller, but it still does not work.
    Any suggestions?

I'm not sure if this is connected, but when I turn the M5 on, I get 2 solid green lights on the back. In the manual it says that it could be in dual operator kill mode? is it as simple as not being in the right mode? there are so many buttons on the DX8 I'm not sure if there are all in the right place.
    Any help is appreciated.
    thanks

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Devinicik, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

The two solid green lights on the gimbal control unit means that the battery is at 2/3 rds capacity.

Can you post an image of your Dx8 so we can see how you have the switches set?

Also, where did you plug the Aerial Pix thumbstick in, please?

Thanks

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Devin Clarke

Devin Clarke New Member

Hi Andy,

Changed my user name, thanks for the heads up

I was able to get my DX8 working, but only after unplugging the thumb stick.
    It just doesn't seem like they are compatible. Or maybe they are and my limited experience with this hardware and software is effecting the outcome.

In either case I'm going with what I can make work, and I will run in majestic mode in my upcoming shoot.

thank you

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Devin:
    Hmmm. I'm still not quite sure how you had the Thumb Stick connected....if you could supply a little more information it might be possible to get both the Thumb Stick and the DX8 working.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Devin Clarke

Devin Clarke New Member

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

So, if I understand you correctly, you switched the MōVI radio receiver to S.bus for the joystick but want to use the DSMX mode as well for the DX8? Is that correct?

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

7. Devin Clarke

Devin Clarke New Member

I think so... So how do I get around it?

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Devin: Sorry, but I don't think the MōVI can operate in both DSMX and S.Bus mode -- they're different protocols from different vendors (Spektrum and Futaba respectively).

I could be wrong. I often am.

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

9. Devin Clarke

Devin Clarke New Member

Thanks Andy,

I was also trying to disable the thumb stick with still plugged in and use the DX8. but that did not work either.
    Good lesson to learn... know anyone who wants the buy a next to new thumb stick?

Devin