/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 + BMPCC til config problems

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by simone cat, Jan 11, 2015.

1. simone cat

simone cat New Member

Hello there,

I've been having some trouble getting configurations right for my setup on the M5.
    I am using it with a BMPCC, no cage, metabone adaptor with either a Nikon 28mm or the Sigma 28-70.

Balancing has been no problem, I have difficulties in tuning it right with the configurator software. Pan and roll are no problem but I seem to not be able to get tilt to work properly. What I am trying to achieve is have the shot stay steady while walking/running/in a car. The footage always turns out shaky, meaning moving up and down slightly.

When tuning it, the motors of pan and roll go on overdrive around 170, tilt however i can put up to 500 with nothing happening. I suspect that is part of the issue?

many thanks!

2. simone cat

simone cat New Member

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Glad you found the answer, Simone.
    By the way, the physics of the MōVI is such that it cannot remove any movements along an axis -- e.g. vertical or horizontal movement along the vertical or horizontal axes respectively -- what the MōVI does is take out rotation about an axis....it's up to you (and your arms and legs) to remove the vertical or horizontal "translations."

If you still have problems with the up and down motion, search the forum for (and I'm not kidding): Groucho Marx
    His funny walk is ideal for removing vertical translation and it will instantly win you new friends wearing white coats...especially if you start to walk that way when not holding a MōVI. ;)

Andy.

4. simone cat

simone cat New Member

Thanks Andy!