/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 battery. have you found aftermarket?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Chris Delaney, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Chris Delaney

Chris Delaney Member

This isn't about finding a cheaper equivalent to the freefly branded batteries. To be honest I find the price is very fair. I've bought 4 of them.
    I do notice that the battery cage has some extra room for a longer battery. I'm thinking bigger capacity specially when I am running a video transmitter off the same battery. Please let me know if you've found a larger capacity battery that fits. Cheers.

2. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

There are lots of batteries that *work* but you'll upset our friends at Freefly when you call and say, "Hey, we just smelt this burning smell and our Movi won't boot up anymore! Oh, we use a Pulse 4s LiPO and split the power to also run our HD TX."

You'll get silence on the line followed by, "We really recommend you use only *our* battery to power the Movi..." is something Rich would say, speaking from experience. ;)

We *used* to use our Pulse 4S LiPOs to power the Movi and our TX, but now we have reverted back to the FF batteries to power the Movi and use our Pulse batteries to power TX, Wedge, etc.

3. Chris Delaney

Chris Delaney Member

You make a good point there. I do have some 3s2200's that are tiny enough and will do the vtx for multiple flights. I will likely go that route.