/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 and bmpcc

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by kjetil tønnesen, Jan 17, 2015.

1. kjetil tønnesen

Hello
    I have trouble with my m5 on my Cinestar 8 standard.I flying with bmpcc and it never gets completely stable on the film , it seems as though it may be the tilt is the problem, I never get more than 8-10 in gain on tilt so I feel the problem is tilt ?? is there anyone else here who has experience with this, maybe the camera is not heavy enough ?
    hope someone has some good tips here, I prefer flying stone with echo antivib attach and toad in the hole kit.Takk

2. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

At least I got better results when I exchanged a very light EF 40mm into a heavier EF 16-35mm on my Canon 5D Mark III.
    The tilt stiffness went up and stability is much better.

3. Rod Hartzog

Rod Hartzog Member

I used the bmpcc out of the box with my m10 and stability was fair at best. I then mounted a wooden camera cage on the camera and attached a teradek bolt pro, a speed booster and an L lens to the camera cage and the stability was perfect immediately after tuning the GUI.. I thought it was 100% due to the MoVI wanting some extra weight...

4. kjetil tønnesen

ok then i have to add some more weigth onto the camera,have someone a cage that is good to use for this?

5. Rod Hartzog

Rod Hartzog Member

Yes. I used the Wooden Camera bmpcc cage. Here is the link: www.woodencamera.com
    It has many 1/4-20 holes and attaches using the bump hot shoe and makes it very rigid. I mounted my teradek bolt pro directly to the cage and it was perfect.

6. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Kjetil,

Did you adjust the output and gyro filter to 3? You can put a higher gain by adjusting gyro and output filter.

Can you share a footage with the problem?

7. kjetil tønnesen

hello yes i have set the filter to 3
    i will post a video of it next week ,i am of for work now

8. kjetil tønnesen

9. Rod Hartzog

Rod Hartzog Member

Kjetil,
    Yes that is the cage I am using and I also added the downlink directly to the cage after installing it on the camera so I would have more weight. I also use the Metabones Speedbooster so I could use canon lenses...all the extra weight seemed to help the MoVI stabilize better...

10. kjetil tønnesen