/dist/images/branding/favicon

M15 stand

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Cameron Michael, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Cameron Michael

I'm headed to some pretty remote locations with my m15 does anyone have any lighter options besides a full fledged Cstand ?

2. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Any stand with a baby stud will do the trick. You could get a baby c-stand (aka, "Gary Coleman") or even a lightweight light stand on also any variety (just make sure it doesn't need a sandbag before you walk away).

Just look for something with a baby stud and you're good.

3. Cameron Michael

Its on an arri stand now, still freaks me out.. haha

Austin Glass likes this.
  4. Cameron Michael

example

Attached Files:

5. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

those stands are super light, but obviously don't take kindly to something hanging off the side… looks like you have a pretty healthy amount of dirt on there, but obviously carrying 70 lbs of sandbags defeats the purpose of ditching the c-stand.

I don't know the answer, I suppose o_O

6. Rob Drewett

Rob Drewett Member

All my work is remote as I am a wildlife cameraman so I was a little disappointed to find out the M15 only came with a c-stand arms. I will have to make something like the M10 stand but a little bigger. Is this something that Freefly will make? Probably not! Something else I will have to fork out for. I could do with a carbon fibre c-stand, has anyone ever come across one of these?

7. Peter Barta

Peter Barta Member

Hi Rob,

Contact Freefly about buying an M10 stand separately then buy longer carbon tubes and replace them.

Best to make one yourself.

Pete

8. Joshua Binder

Joshua Binder New Member

I'm gonna probably use something like this
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...r_A1010CS_A1010CS_Ultra_Low_Boy.html/mode/edu

and looking at making a custom case for the whole setup that i can throw that in the case with the M15 now that it folds flat and the top bar is all quick release.

much more viable it seems to get the whole m15 in a flatter packed case now and i will carry the AC Monitor/Controller gear all in a separate case. should make things nice and compact.

good show on the M15, can't help feel that some of this should have been on the M10 but hey its here now, its all good. I'm glad i didn't have to pay extra for the new stand.

also still wishing we had lathes for the sidehandles

Freefly if you are out there, can I just order some of the top latch and section from the pan knuckle on the M10 and use those for the handles?