/dist/images/branding/favicon

M15 + Mimic + Controller with Akira Firmware

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Veve Borimov, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Hi all,

Not sure if MoVI M15, Mimic or Controller topic. Just a quick question which is not answered in the Akira manual.

Can I use the Mimic without its receiver (that is supposed to be attached on the MoVI)?

I already have the MoVI Controller installed on the M15 and I know I can't use the Mimic and Controller at the same time. The latest controller firmware (2.0.5) however is meant to allow for mimic gestures. Now with the Akira, there's the 2.2.2 version. I can't upgrade just yet so I was hoping I could use the new target mode of akira firmware (5.0) with the mimic's transmitter (as the target) while still having the MoVI controller connected? Is that possible even with controller in 2.0.5? If I get my controller to 2.2.2 will that be possible?

Basically can I use MoVI in target mode with the mimic while having the controller still connected?

Thanks,

Brett Harrison likes this.
  2. Andres Torres

Andres Torres New Member

I spoke with Freefly engineer Cris via phone and he tells me this is not possible and the equipment wasn't designed this way.

3. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Thanks Andres!

For those of you interested, here is the answer I got from support:

· The MIMIC cannot be used without a receiver, regardless of the firmware version installed on any of the devices.
    · The MōVI Controller and MIMIC Beta Controller cannot be used at the same time.

· With 2.0.5+ on the MōVI Controller, you can use it as a MIMIC, but it will not allow for Target mode, as it does not have a GPS unit on board.