/dist/images/branding/favicon

M15 Firmware Crash Help!

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Christopher Aran, May 1, 2015.

1. Christopher Aran

Christopher Aran New Member

Have the latest android software,tried to update the firmware and 30% of the way through the tablet disconnected and now the movi 3 lights are off. It no longer communicates with the tablet and does not turn on. Any solutions to get this back up and running???

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Christopher: Did you get a small jumper cable with the M15?
    If so, you need to follow the instructions here: https://freeflysystems.zendesk.com/...his-small-5-pin-cable-that-came-with-my-MōVI- and the page to which it links.

The installation of the jumper on the MōVI forces it into "bootloader" mode so that you can try the firmware upgrade again.

When you do retry the firmware upgrade, keep the table close to the MōVI and make sure it's not running any other apps that might be using Blue-tooth that might interfere with the firmware upgrade.

Andy.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oh....and if for some reason you do not have the so-called "jumper cable" that ships with the MōVIs, you'll need to email to support@freeflysystems.com to get one.

Hope this helps.
    Andy.

Christopher Aran likes this.
  4. Christopher Aran

Christopher Aran New Member

Hey Andy,
    Thanks for the input. I contacted Abel Cine where I bought the gear and thankfully they have some in house so I'm going to try it this weekend. Thanks for the quick reply!

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Christopher: When you do the upgrade, if you did not save the settings, be prepared for the axis stiffness values to be set to zero. If I recall that is what happens -- just be ready to do an autotune when you do the upgrade and the M15 doesn't appear to be stabilizing at all (I call it "floppy mode." :) )

Andy.