/dist/images/branding/favicon

M10 w/ Epic / CP2 / Bartech.. weight problems?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Travis MacRitchie, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Travis MacRitchie

Travis MacRitchie New Member

I'm trying to get this configuration to work and cut down on weight... my problem comes with power. Right now I'm using the red side handle and a red volt. Which is fine until I add the bottom plate that holds my 15mm lws adapter that I need so I can put my bartech motor out on the lens. I've already switched the cp2 mount to EF so I can use the lighter ef mount on the epic, but I'm still over 10 lbs.

I've seen this similar config in a freefly update video, but it didn't have a sidehandle / redvolt on the camera and wasn't apparent how the camera was being powered.

My question is, for those of you using an Epic and a remote follow focus (bartech) or other how are you powering everything and what is your weight like?

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

You'll be fine going over 10 lbs. I think officially Freefly announced the production versions can hold 12 lbs without issue. A well balanced rig could probably do more than that. Of course if your trying to keep under 10lbs to save your arms then that's a whole other conversation.

3. Travis MacRitchie

Travis MacRitchie New Member

Oh okay good to know. I do remember seeing something about increasing the weight limit but then couldn't find it again so thought I might have imagined it...

So this puts me just under 12 lbs with either a cp.2 or an ultra prime in pl mount on the camera. Today I plan to use bongo ties to attach a battery with a d-tap to the cross bar and use a splitter on that to power both a tvLogic 5.6" monitor and the bartech follow focus motor.

I'm guessing you need the lowest gauge, most flexible cable possible for anything running to the camera from something mounted off the gimbals. What are people using?