/dist/images/branding/favicon

M10 Settings

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Phil Macdonald, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Phil Macdonald

Hi,

So we finally have our MoVI and playing around with the various bits and bobs, couldn't be happier. I wanted to start a quick discussion about some of the settings within the config panel and find out what different people are using. I appreciate that a lot of these will be dependent on the camera being used and the situation.

Firstly we are using a Futaba 8FG rather than the Spektrum and although we have set it up in that the radio is set to SBus how are you guys mapping your controls? Currently we can't find a way to pan which has its obvious disadvantages....so any of you folks who are using the Futaba radios if you could give a rundown of what exactly you are using for each of your channels that would be fantastic!!

Secondly when we first got the unit we would balance the unit as best we could and then every time we turned it on it would start shaking pretty badly, we didn't know if this was to do with the balance or what, that being said we then turned down a lot of the stiffness parameters for Roll/Tilt/Pan and this has alleviated this issue. This might be a naive question but in what situations would you change the stiffness? and what settings do you guys have these set to for general use?

Other than that any other bits and bobs that you feel may be useful from a settings point of view don't hesitate to chime in!!

Cheers,
    Phil

2. Jonathan Stevenson

The stiffness settings in the config panel are simply there to dial the motors to the appropriate settings as they relate to your payload. Lighter cameras require a much higher stiffness setting, while heavier cameras will need lower settings. You change the settings every time based on your balance, rig, etc. I've found that there's a certain "range" that seems appropriate for my Epic when tuning, but the numbers always differ slightly. I would encourage you to watch the Freefly tutorials about motor tuning to learn a little more about why it's important. The key to rock solid footage is a good tune.

3. Phil Macdonald

Yeah I must admit I did sort of dive in like a kid at Christmas and didn't realise about the stiffeness settings but that is all cleared up now so I am ready to rock and roll :)

Some advice surrounding a specific Futaba setup would be great still though if anyone is running down that route.

Cheers,
    Phil

4. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

First, Jonathan, your a bit backwards. Highest stiffness before shaking is will yield best results. For lighter cameras you won't have very high numbers, heavier cameras will usually be over 100.

And Phil, most prototype units used the 8FG which I actually prefer. I'm away from my MoVI for a few days but maybe I can get you assignments tonight. If your pan is not working at all that may be because your mode switch is in majestic mode or your pan is not assigned to the correct stick/switch. With the mode switch in majestic, you won't have pan control but still have tilt ability. With it in dual operator mode you should have both pan and tilt. Off mode you will have a limp MoVI.

5. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

6. Jonathan Stevenson

Yes, absolutely. That's what I meant to type, haha!