/dist/images/branding/favicon

MōVI Pro & Spektrum Pairing Help

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Joshua Coté, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Joshua Coté

Joshua Coté Member

Hey guys,

I don't believe there has ever been another time in my life where technology has stumped me this much, and I have yet to find someone to help me figure this pairing procedure out.

I own a Spektrum DX6i and a AR6600T receiver, and was successful in binding the two together. I connect the receiver to the MōVI Pro in COM2, and have tried every radio type in the application.

Where I struggle is with the channel mapping. How do I know what channels are mapped to which control on my Spektrum controller and then match those to the MōVI channel map. I cannot find any useful information about this online.

I'm willing to buy a newer Spektrum controller if needed as well. I just need to get this working.

If someone could write up a step-by-step guide to connecting a Spektrum controller to a MōVi Pro, written for those of us with little RC experience, and help me make this work - I will send you beer!

2. Joshua Coté

Joshua Coté Member

Nevermind, I went out today and bought a Spektrum DX8 and it worked immediately!

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry it's a bit late, but with certain Spektrum models you don't get any choice as to how the channels are mapped. If you go to the Servo Setup screen (see Spektrum DX8 manual page 22, then the channels are shown with #1 at the top -- so #1 is THRottle, #2 is AILeron, and so on....

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Damien Beebe

Damien Beebe New Member

5. Damien Beebe

Damien Beebe New Member

I have the spektrum 8 do I need a separate transmitter to plug into the com input or should it just pair with the Movi Pro? Been through the menus and picked the right radio control.... but no success .. and tips?

6. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

do u have the Spektrum satellite receiver plugged in and bound?

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  7. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

If you don't have one, you need a Satellite receiver and the special Spektrum cable from Freefly to plug it in to Com 2 on the Back of the Movi.

Here's a video about binding the Satellite receiver, because if you buy one, it won't be bound to your DX8, and the Movi Pro doesn't support binding (unless that's changed recently). So you need a LiPo and the Spektrum AR8000, too.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, binding Spektrum tx and rx can be a remarkable hit or miss affair. I've seen far too many "Bind Failed" messages for my liking.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Graham Futerfas likes this.