/dist/images/branding/favicon

MōVI Pro RING - C stand or tripod mount

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Ahmad Jafar, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Ahmad Jafar

Ahmad Jafar New Member

hello everyone,

I've seen some posts here for the cinema oxide which was exactly what I wanted until I saw that it isn't compatible with the MōVI pro ring and might not be compatible with the classic handles for the MōVI pro.

I'd like a similar concept that can allow me to easily mount the MōVI Pro with its ring or classic handles (preferably ring) to a c stand or tripod or Dolly or jib such that I can quick release the MōVI Pro to move fluidly into a walking shot etc.

Any ideas on what I can do?

I already have the ninja adapter and some male toads to get the lock off concept done.

But I'm more interested in a dynamic solution if anyone has figured one out.

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to this.

Best,
    Ahmad

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

You need a dock? I made one for $10 out of a garage hook from Lowes and a gobo head from a c-stand. I'll attach a photo below.

Freefly's catch-and-releases are pretty cool, and if you're local I could rent a set to you if you want. They're expensive to buy, but they're super-smooth to operate compared to a Frog clamp. They're only 25mm but I suppose you could tie them onto the Movi Pro ring. I don't use them very much.

If you take the Movi off the tripod or jib, do you need to somehow attach it to a support vest so you can operate for a longer amount of time?

IMG_3888 (1).jpg IMG_3890 (1).jpg

3. Graham Futerfas

I should say Cinemilled and Motion24 \ GripHaus have quick-release solutions as well, but they're quite expensive.

4. Graham Futerfas

...and I think the FlySpeed guys have a magnetic release coming soon, too.

5. James Davis

James Davis New Member

We have a very nice quick release system that we will be making some official announcements on in the next 3-4 weeks, it works smoothly for docking and undocking, doesn’t rely on any electronics or magnets for the mechanism and has been tested in the most demanding of situations including being signed off for use on a studio feature by top tier key grips and an academy award winning wire rig company.

Graham Futerfas likes this.