/dist/images/branding/favicon

Low Battery warning

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by sebastian navarro, Aug 28, 2017.

1. sebastian navarro

sebastian navarro New Member

Hi all, this question is for the freefly guys

Just wondering if is possible to have the movi´s low battery warning audible. The problem is that sometimes you are not keeping track of the batteries levels and it happens that is too late when you realize that you have to change the batteries so it shuts down. Would be great to have some sore of beeping to let you now you have to change batteries. Or maybe to have the warning set it up when the battery is at a 10% so you have the time to change it.

greetings

sebastian

jim mundell likes this.
  2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I agree about raising the threshold for critical battery warning. When does it start the warning? 6% remaining? By the time I see it on the screen, the AC's can't get me batteries fast enough from the cart to keep it alive. I usually try to change batteries at 30%, so we don't run into the problem, but sometimes the Movi sits around waiting, and we forget. Of course, this is powering everything, not just gimbal, so it drains pretty fast.

Personally, I don't want it beeping at me though, since that could be disruptive on set.

3. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

It starts at 20%. However the battery curve is not linear, so with systems that drain lot of power this might not be enough time?

Thinking the following to improve the feature. Let me know what you guys think.
    • Add yellow warning at 40% (on top of the red one at 20%).

sebastian navarro likes this.
  4. Robin Opgård

Robin Opgård New Member

In a future update a vibration notification on the phone app would be nice. If thats possible.