/dist/images/branding/favicon

Looks good

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Jason Herring, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

JVC
    GC-XA2 ADIXXION Action Camera

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

It doesn't list all the specs for the lens just says Type: Fixed focus , Aperture: f/2.4 , Viewing Angle: 160°. No info on the focal length. A couple things I see as in issue for this camera. First off its very small and very light. It might be hard to balance on a free fly gimbal because its too light. I tried to balance a Go pro on it once and it wouldn't balance. You also wouldn't have any shutter control for stills. It's good to see more and more 60P offerings. Canon are you listening?

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

The lens is nearly identical to the Hero3. One advantage over the GoPro is their "Gyro Sensor Digital Image Stabilizer". However, I have yet to see a demo of exactly how well it works. If it's digital, it's effectively cropping the FOV, of course. Its built-in LCD display is nice, too. It has a mini HDMI output, but it's not clear if it has composite out, so that limits its effectiveness as a potential FPV cam. But at a lower price point than the Hero3 Black Edition, it's very interesting. Nobody uses the 2.7K and 4K modes on the BE, right?

Full specs and info here: http://camcorder.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029293