/dist/images/branding/favicon

Little tilt bug

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Jose Luis Ocejo, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

I was checking my tilt with the remote it was working as expected suddenly tilt would return to neutral as the remote stick return to the middle instead of the camera staying in the position e left it, power off, power on, work good for a wile then sudenly it started to do it again, let go of the stick and camera would return to neutral
    also when it works ok and lets say the camera is pointing down on its own without any input ramdonly it will go to neutral
    what could it be

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jose what are you using? Radians or MK or something else to control the tilt.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Jose:
    Which transmitter are you using and how far away from the gimbal were you when this happened? It almost sounds like the gimbal is doing a Mode reset to Stabilized Fixed.

There are two things I'd check:

1. Firstly, I'd check to make sure that the Mode Switch is working correctly on the transmitter.

2. Secondly, I'd try to reproduce this with a PC and Radian software hooked up to the Tilt Radian sensor -- what I'd be interested in knowing is whether you see the Mode signal to the Radian Tilt sensor changing -- which would produce this kind of effect.

Come to think of it, I'd double check the wiring that connects to Port 2 of the Radian Tilt sensor -- if the connection is not good, it might be simulating a Mode change.

Ok, so that's three things to check, not two... :)

Andy.

4. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hi Gary and Andy I am using the following for the gimbal:
    Spektrum Dx8
    3 Radiants
    wired correctly Pan-Roll-Tilt in on 1 out on 3, 4 for the servos, on pan Im using 2 for a camera trigger and on roll 2 is use for powering the FF HDMI
    its been working great this just happened out of the blue yesterday I will try to see if I can recreate the problem witch is whats difficult since its so random and you know in flight it could ruin a great shot