/dist/images/branding/favicon

LiPo Battery Mount

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Kurt Wallrath, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

Is there a solution to mount LiPo batteries to a cage or accessory mount? Ideally, a metal piece that has rubber bands or something similar to hold the LiPo onto it and a 1/4-20 screw so it can fasten to a cage or camera? We're shooting with a C300 on Friday and I'd like to use something that isn't going to change the balance slightly every time I change the batteries. I realize I could use rubber bands or bongos to fasten the LiPos to the MoVI but something a little more professional looking would be ideal.

Thanks!

2. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

I bought a few metal construction plates at home depot, one with a few holes in it. I don't have any pictures at the moment but I basically covered the plate with velcro, then screwed the plate onto the top of the camera into the hot shoe hole. I may have had to drill a hole in the plate, I don't remember. Works great and is stiff and tight with the right length screw which is about 1/2 long with a washer. I bongo a battery and my Bartek Brain to it.

3. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

Great idea, thanks Charlie! I ended up buying an L-shaped cheese plate and velcro on the side. I'd like to see your set-up the next time you have it built.