/dist/images/branding/favicon

Linking the Futaba 14SG Transmitter with two R7008SB Receivers

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Andy Johnson-Laird, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Ricardo Perret

Thank you Andy for your great instructions :)
    Here a other Mounting solution for the RX Antennas, i bent one tube to not touch the Gimbal...

Attached Files:

2. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

I am having a problem setting up my disarm switch to CH9. When I go into the function menu and set it to SF, it changes CH6 (RTH switch) and CH10-12 to SF as well.

I have 2 R7008SB receivers linked to my 14SG, both showing green lights and showing all info on the link page, telemetry is working also.

My mode is set to 14 channel

Any help would be appreciated!

3. Fabien Deregel

Hi,
    in the FUNCTION menu, scroll down to the various channels / functions and check the assigned switches. You might have the same switch linked to several channels / functions. And check that you do not have the same FUNCTION several times on various channels numbers :)
    Best way to proceed is to make a small excel ( or on paper) table and write down : channel number, assigned function, and assigned switch. Once you write them down you will find for example AUX4 function linked in several channels numbers.
    So make sure that you assign different functions to each channels to make sure you do not have a mixup there...
    So you might trigger several channels with just ONE switch just because the function is already assigned on another channel and even some more..
    Best regards,

Fabien

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Did you start with the FF-created ALTA "Model," Mike?
    Did you, by chance, change the receiver(s)' mode? They should be in Mode A.

Andy

5. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

Thanks for the halo Fabien and Andy,

I checked through again to see if anything was linked, but nothing was. Any changes to 6 and 9-12 changed all 5 of those channels still.

I did start with the freefly model but still had that issue. Both of my receivers wth mode A.

I did manage to solve it though, I had to plug into S.Bus (not S.Bus2) and set the primary receiver to mode B (1-8/S.Bus), then the secondary to mode D (9-16/S.Bus) It gave me the same problem as before if I did S.Bus2 in mode A for both or mode A for primary and mode C for secondary.

Iam going to keep trying to get everything to work in S.Bus2 through the day to see what else I can figure out.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Mike:
    Please do this procedure:

1. Power on the transmitter.
    2. Tap LNK twice.
    3. Use the rotary ring to select FUNCTION.
    4. Tap RTN to select FUNCTION.
    5. Use the rotary ring to scroll to the second page that shows Channels 5-8.
    6. What do you see for Channel 6 under the CTRL column?

Then:
    7. Use the rotary ring to scroll to the third page that shows Channels 9-12.
    8. What do you see for CTRL values for each of those channels?

Thanks
    Andy

7. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

Andy, for channel 6 in my new configuration I have SD. channels 9-12 are all SF, 9-12 all change to the same channel when I change any of them.

On my old configuration that had my r7008sb's both on mode A channels 9-12 would change to whatever I set channel 6 to (it was SD in my original configuration).

I am just about to load the freefly configuration onto the 14SG as a new setup and reset both receivers to start again and see if I can get it all working on mode A and S.Bus2.

8. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

I went through everything another time with the receivers set to mode A and used the freefly setup, this time it all worked, although now only 9-12 change to being all the same channel. I have ch6 CTRL set to SD and 9-12 CTRL is SF, same as it was in my last config but now using S.Bus2 instead.

Just for reference, on my first config the CTRL values on CH6, 9-12 would all change at the same time. No matter which I changed they would all change to that channel. My second fresh setup would only work with the primary receiver set to mode B and the second set to mode D (cable from the Alta plugged into CH 8/S.Bus on the receiver. After shutting it off and walking away for a couple hours I got the third setup with both receivers using S.Bus2 on mode A.

Thanks for the help!

Mike

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Mike:

As I suspect you've figured out, if you want to use channels 9-12 individually (which isn't necessary for the ALTA), you'll need to assign them to separate functions and switches.

On your original config, Channels 6, 9-12, were probably all set to the same function (e.g. AUX1) or set to the same Switch (e.g. Switch SG). If either of these two conditions exist, then you'll get what you observed.

Anyway, sounds like you got it sorted out the way you want it.
    Andy.

10. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member

Hi guys. Any of you can assist me in the process to conect MōVI M15 with R7008SB and 14SG? Have short experience with futaba and RC in general so really need your help in this.

Best

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

12. Juan Lima

Juan Lima Member