/dist/images/branding/favicon

Lens Mapping Issue

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Joshua Gladu, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Joshua Gladu

Joshua Gladu New Member

So I'm attempting to map a Helios 58mm and I'm having some problems; specifically after I enter all the points in the menu. Everything seems to work fine, however, when I go to the details screen, instead of normal feet and inches movement, Its not even close to accurate. For the first couple mm of focus adjustment it says 1' 7" then as soon as the half meter mark is passed it jumps straight to INF.
    I've tried mapping it a few different points entering different marked points with roughly the same results. Sometimes it'll jump to 30' just past the half meter mark then it'll proceed to 800' but never actually read infinity. The values it reads inbetween are obviously not close either. I'm not sure whats wrong. Anyone have a similar issue?

For reference its the Helios 44-2 58mm. The focus is by no means linear and is about 80% of a full rotation.
    The marked focal points are (in meters) 0.5, 0.55, 0.6, 0.65, 0.7, 0.8, 0.9, 1, 1.3, 1.5, 1.7, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 6, 10, inf. The distance between 0.5 and 0.6 is roughly the same for 1.7 to inf.
    Are there specific points I should try putting in to allow the curve to match better? If necessary, I can post pics after we wrap tonight.
    Thanks in advance.

Josh

2. Joshua Gladu

Joshua Gladu New Member

Alright, I kept messing with it after we wrapped and here's what I figured out. First, getting the right points makes a big difference. Play to the curve map it wants to implement already. Skip a point or two if it doesn't have a preset value pretty close to that. Second, under the Wedge config section is where you change the lens focus curve from linear to curved. This must be set BEFORE you map the lens. I was just going through and mapping all the lenses we had without changing that setting for each lens. When it was changed after the lens was mapped it made no difference for whatever reason. I had to make sure it was right for each lens.
    These are the points I used (again in meters):
    .5, .6, .8, 1, 1.3, 1.5, 1.7, 2, 3, 6, 10