/dist/images/branding/favicon

Kudos (again!) to KDE

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Steve Maller, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I continue to be downright impressed with the way KDE do business. A few months ago, as many of you know, there was a question that surfaced (never completely confirmed) about the mechanical integrity of the center shafts of certain KDE motors. Instead of obfuscating the situation (standard behavior elsewhere...I won't name names), Patrick and the folks from KDE stepped up and not only identified a possible improvement, but they offered to retrofit any existing motors out there with their improved center shaft design.

I recently had a physics debate with a tree (the tree won :confused:) which resulted in a few grass stains and some other damage to my copter, so I thought it'd be a good opportunity to send in the motors for their updates.

The folks at KDE identified a couple of other issues with the motors, and have turned around the updates and repairs in very rapid order.

I am a very satisfied customer. It's rare these days to have a company with KDE's combination of engineering prowess, humility, and emphasis on customer service. Kudos to KDE!

Steve
    (who pays retail for all my KDE gear)

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

That's been my experience with KDE Direct too.
    Andy
    (Who also pays for his KDE motors and insists Steve buys his own too, dammit. :) )

Steve Maller likes this.
  3. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

Patrick has been great to work with. I am using their motor/esc combo on 3 different copters now.

4. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

I am also very happy with KDE and their incredible support. Patrick has always been very helpful and informative with the questions I have emailed.