JST GH 6 Pinout Mapping to Arduino Mega

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro API' started by Jeff Milton, Jul 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jeff Milton

Jeff Milton New Member

I’m following the Directions on the adr Freefly API documentation to make an Arduino Joystick controller. I’ve loaded the movi_pro_joystick code onto my Arduino Mega and connected it into COM 1 port on the MōVI Pro Gimbal Control Unit but its not working. I want to use this to control focus on my Red Scarlet-W.

I’d like to confirm the GH 6-pin connecter is connected to the right pins on Joystick Shield that’s hooked to my Arduino Mega.

On the Joystick Shield I’ve cut and connected the 5V pin to the 3.3V pin. Here is how I have it mapped.

• JST GH Pin 1 GND to GND on the Arduino
    • JST GH Pin 2 +5V to 3.3V Power on the Arduino
    • JST GH Pin 3 UARTn_TX to Communication TX 1 on the Arduino
    • JST GH Pin 4 UARTn_RX to Communication RX 0 on the Arduino
    • JST GH Pins 5 & 6 are not used

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Jeff: This is something that you might have to contact FF tech support directly to get a timely answer, so if I were you, I'd open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com) .

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Jeff Milton

Jeff Milton New Member

I tried opening a support ticket and Freefly says they don't support questions about their API

"Freefly's Technical Support team prioritizes end-user support and will not be able to answer API support requests."

Has anyone made the Arduino Joystick controller? I've followed the documentation, loaded their code and when I plug it in to my Movi Pro, I get nothing.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh. I didn't realize that there was no support for the API. My bad. Apologies for suggesting that strategy to you, Jeff.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert