/dist/images/branding/favicon

Joystick tilt-offset problem

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Robbert van Weelderen, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Robbert van Weelderen

I'm having a problem with my Movi Controller FW 2.2.2. The TX monitor is showing a Tilt rate of around -5 and so my Movi is slowly tilting down or up depending on the FWD/REV switch. Restarting the controller or using Re-zero in the TX config menu doesn't help. I tried reinstalling the firmware but this didn't help.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Robbert: That's a tough one -- normally a rezero operation will correct that (do you see the "hold still" message when you use the TX Config/Re-zero?)

If you did see that "hold still," then I suspect it's time to open up a support ticket by emailing to support@freeflysystems.com if you have not already done so.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Robbert van Weelderen

Hi Andy,
    I get the "hold still" message and opened a support ticket.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Please let us know how this gets resolved, Robbert. I spent about 30 minutes last night trying to induce and then fix the problem on my MoVI Controller -- I could reproduce it approximately by offsetting the Joystick in Tilt, then doing a re-zero with it held offset. But I could always fix it by doing a normal re-zero. I realize that this is not very helpful for you, but I tried! :)

Andy

5. Robbert van Weelderen

I’ve “solved” the problem I’ve been having. The USER 1 button was set to Tilt Trim in the TX config menu which made my zero/center joystick position go from -5 to +4. At -5 it made the Movi slowly tilt, +4 didn’t have this effect. I think that in my bag the button moved to the -5 position. Setting the USER 1 button to none the Re-Zero function sets the Joystick center correctly to 0.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks for the update Robbert! Glad you found that...
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert