/dist/images/branding/favicon

Joint angles through Freefly API

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro API' started by Nicolas CLOES, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Nicolas CLOES

Nicolas CLOES New Member

Dear support,

As part of the Flying-Cam development team, I'm working on the integration of the Movi Pro into our system. We are using the Freefly API as it offers much more control than the simple receiver control. It's working great as it's able to give us absolute, rate and majestic control easily.

One thing is missing : the joint angles. Having them is mandatory for us, especially for the pan limitation. Indeed, this feature is not included in the standard tuning options of the Movi Pro and the pan encoder value is needed to achieve this limitation by the API.

The question is : Is there another way to limit the pan range? If not, would it be possible to add the joint angles information in the Freefly API protocol?

Please note making the joint angles accessible would also be useful for many other applications and would lead to a closer and better integration in drones systems.

Best regards,

Nicolas CLOES

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Nicolas you should also send this directly to support@freeflysystems.com. They monitor the forum but probably faster to send them an email.

Rob Weidner and Graham Futerfas like this.
  3. Nathan Paczan

Nathan Paczan New Member

We would also like joint angles and are willing to pay for this engineering work to be performed. +1

4. Nathan Paczan

Nathan Paczan New Member

I emailed them directly and they instructed me to post on the forums so here I am.