/dist/images/branding/favicon

Issues with MoviPro on boat

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Nate Chorney, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Nate Chorney

Nate Chorney New Member

Hey everyone,

Had a shoot yesterday that took me out on a really high end pontoon boat. We accelerated up to about 35 mph on a choppy lake. After getting up to speed the movipro lost power and cut out on me. If I removed the batteries I was able to power up again upon re installation. Movipro would not power up again unless I did this. However I'd only get a short burst (maybe 15-45 secs) before losing power again.

Everything was working fine before getting on the boat. Once we got back to dry land I swapped batteries and did not see any issues. Today I tested the batteries on the movi that we used while on the boat around our office. No problems to report.

Is there something I'm missing in setup that would cause this to happen? I didn't do anything special to prepare for boat travel...was this a mistake or is there something else at work?

Thanks!

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Did you have Motion Booting turned on?

3. Nate Chorney

Nate Chorney New Member

Not initially. We did turn it on after problems started.

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Did you contact support about it? I'm surprised it lost power completely and wouldn't re-boot without removing batteries. Obviously, while working on a boat, you need Motion Booting enabled. Is Setdown Sleep turned on?