/dist/images/branding/favicon

Issue with Movi Robot when counterweights are added

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Darryl Shelly, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

I’ve now checked, and my testing, without a case, included the 6, 6 Plus, 7 and 8 Plus, but not the 7 Plus.

That said, I have trouble understanding how this can be normal. If you are sure that you aren’t doing something wrong, I would contact Freefly support.

With luck, someone who has a 7 Plus will chime in.

Re your questions to Andy...

Freefly says in one of its “6 week live” videos that the gimbal will not be harmed if balance isn’t correct (although obviously it may reduce run time due to extra draw on the battery).

On the horizon issue, see this Bryan Edmonds post in a current thread on the issue: https://forum.freeflysystems.com/in...-level-app-feature-requests.12670/#post-86160

#21 Rorick Edge, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

No. You can run the with the Movi out of balance, but it will just use more battery power to overcome the imbalance.

There's been quite a lot of discussion about the horizon not being level. I'd recommend you search the forums for "horizon not level."

Hope this helps...
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert