/dist/images/branding/favicon

Issue with Movi Pro and Mimic (random stutters)

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Michael Solomon, May 6, 2017.

1. Michael Solomon

Michael Solomon New Member

Hi all,

I'm having a rather pressing issue with the Movi Pro and Mimic that I was hoping you could maybe help with.

We were trying to set up the Movi Pro to be used with the mimic for an upcoming aerial sequence. We traditionally use a Futaba radio controller.

When we tried to use the mimic, the gimbal would randomly either stutter, have serious input lag, or or just violently spas out. At first I thought it was a balance issue but we eliminated that as a possibility because
    `
    - The gimbal worked just fine when using the Futaba radio controller. No issues whatsoever.
    - The balance was set perfectly and even monitoring the motors, they were barely working. However, when the mimic was engaged you could see them all violently spiking anytime there was the aforementioned issue.
    - I also tried auto tuning and zeroing out the mimic.

There was no rhyme or reason as to why the issues would occur. It didn't matter if I was panning, tilting up, tilting down, or just doing nothing. It also didn't matter if I was 1 foot away or 300 feet away. It didn't matter if I had the mimic on the handlebars with other accessories nearby or just held the mimic unit alone in my hand.

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated

Reference video:

Thanks all

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

3. James Miller

James Miller New Member

I have the same jittering and involuntary movements with the mimic. It helped a bit changing radio channels but looking at recorded footage there is little glitches you hardly see. Seems same handheld, but when used with PS4 controller through mimic very smooth. Although wish I could inverse controls or at least split joysticks.
    I will file a support ticket and see where that goes.

4. DanDunn

DanDunn New Member

Had a similar issue. Ended up having to send ours back to Freefly to get it fixed.