/dist/images/branding/favicon

Is Iftron Mondo Xtreme 5.8Ghz 1.5mw too much power?

Discussion in 'Video Assist & Video Accessories' started by Morgan Friedland, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Morgan Friedland

My gimbal had a Mondo Xtreme 5.8 400mw transmitter for cam operator. Using the Iftron Yellow Jacket Pro 5.8 receiver. Using the bluebell antennas. Expensive but works very well.

Anyway, looks like my TX is fried after my electrical fire. The fan and led lights work, but I can't get any video to transmit. *sigh*

So I am going to replace it and am considering the 1.5mw. Is bigger better? Other than more power consumption, are there other drawbacks?

Flying MK 2.1 with Nav, GPS CS8 4s light lifter up top. Using Lawmate 1.3Ghz (200mw) for FPV. Using Graupner MX-20 for flight control.

Thanks.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

You will certainly get more range with the higher radiated power of the Mondo Extreme -- as well as less "breakup" of the image. The only downside is that mo'power means mo'battery drain, so you'll find yourself changing batteries more often.

I use the Mondo Extreme, by the way. Oh...and as an item of trivia it's not 1.5 milliwatts, but 1,500 milliwatts! :)

Andy.

3. Morgan Friedland

Thanks Andy. I peeled off the Velcro on the side and it turns out I do have the 1.5watt version after all! So many parts I am forgetting what I have. Thanks for correcting me on the mw.

My new definition of aerial photography: the art of managing batteries at a great expense.

4. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

...... whilst defying gravity ;)

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

....and getting to see trees up close and personal. ;)